First VA Homes values our tenant’s needs. Efforts to address all maintenance requests as quickly as possible will be made. Please keep in mind when making requests that our contractors are currently working on other jobs and typically work from 8am-4pm Mon-Fri, so realistically your request will not be handled the same day. Here are some guidelines to follow.
New requirements for maintenance requests, concerns and questions: You need to fill out a “Maintenance Request” form. This form must be submitted in writing:
- Online requests: firstvirginiahomes.com (see form below)
- Fax requests: 434-589-1427 (Download form here)
- Mail requests: First Virginia Homes 2704-A Lake Monticello Road, Palmyra, VA 22963 (Download form here)
- Follow up with a phone call to our office (434-589-3958)
- Will have copies of request forms at firstvirginiahomes.com (submit online below or download form here for fax/mail) and in our office.
What is a true emergency? Here are some scenarios of a true emergency:
- Fire – Call 911 immediately if the house is burning down. In the case of sparking or smoking, the fire department should also be contacted.
- Flood – This does not include a leaky or dripping faucet or a running toilet. The property must be flooding at a rate such that there are no means to stop the water from drowning the property in water.
- No Heat – In extreme cold where temperatures present the potential of freezing pipes you will need to notify the office as soon as possible. This does not include heat pumps that have the emergency heat source working properly.
- Safety Hazard – If the property presents a safety hazard in which someone’s safety is in imminent danger, call 911 first. Then contact First Virginia Homes.
If an EMERGENCY situation arises call 540-498-8716 or 434-589-6386 or to report the EMERGENCY. Always follow-up emergency calls with a written explanation as soon as possible. (within 24 hours preferred).
Here are a few examples of non-emergencies:
- Locking keys inside your house or losing your keys (After hours – $75.00 charge)
- Stopped up toilets/sinks
- Leaky faucets, running toilets (you should turn the water supply off in between uses to stop the leak until the plumber can be dispatched)
- Air conditioning not functioning (A/C repairs can take from a couple of days to a couple of weeks, depending on the severity of the problem)
Please fill out the “Maintenance Request” form and leave a message on the office voicemail at 434-589-3958. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
Emergency phone number: 540-498-8716 or 434-589-6386. Do not call unless you have a true emergency. This is not a general maintenance line.
Please fill out the form below, including your name and nature of the maintenance needed.
Please share the nature of your maintenance request.